Vertical Flavors Festival in Levanto
From Friday October 6th to Sunday 8th, Levanto will host three days in the name Vertical Flavors. A mini festival dedicated to tradition, agriculture and taste, to tell you who we are and especially to have you taste our food and wine.
Lots of events and activities will be proposed, both in Levanto and in neighboring villages.
The exhibitions of Vertical Flavors
„Bon appetit!“, a photo exhibition with the splendid shots by Oliviero Toscani, organized Port Authority of La Spezia and set up in Piazza Cavour, from September 29th to December 31st
„What a story, the potato!“, at the Auditorium Ospitalia del Mare, from September 30th to October 8th
On Friday 6th October, the farmers of Val di Vara, Bonassola, Levanto, Framura and Cinque Terre will be holding a market in Piazza del Popolo from 5 to 11 p.m. In addition to the sale of their products, they’ll organize tastings and workshops.
From September 29th you can also book guided visits to their farms. The contacts:
- Val di Vara: Andrea +393665453446 and Daria +393476452954
- Ca‘ du Ferrà in Bonassola: Davide +393280369500
- Agriturismo degli Olivi: Marina +393930641515 and Andrea +393282910799
The conferences and meetings will be held at the Auditorium Ospitalia del Mare and will be in Italian.
On October 7th:
- Che cos’è la cucina evolution?, meeting with the nutritionist Chiara Manzi and chef Orietta Schiaffino, at 10 a.m.
- Ave o Api. Ovvero tutto quello che c’è da sapere sulle api, Giorgio Malatesta, at 3 p.m.
- La riscoperta del Ruzzese. Un antico vitigno che torna in produzione, Davide Zoppi owner of Ca’ du Ferrà, with Daniele Montebello, President of Enotecs, at 4 p.m.
- Vi racconto l’estetica del cibo e dei suoi luoghi, Franco Costa, President of Costa Group, at 5 p.m.
- Raccontare i prodotti della terra, coltivarli e farli conoscere, Laura Rangoni, food blogger, at 6 p.m.
On October 8th:
- Professione chef, dalla tradizione alla Magna Charta, Mauro Ricciardi and Paolo Marcesini, at 5 p.m.
The Theater of Vertical Flavors
On October 7th at 9 p.m., at the Spazio Luzzati in the seat of the municipality, Vittorio Ristagno will perform „Ricette d’autore (o quasi….)“ (i.e. Author Recipes, or almost) by Fausto Cosentino.
The De Gustibus
On Sunday October 8th there will be a new edition of De Gustibus, the traditional historical and eno-gastronomic walk through the village’s Medieval streets. The appointment is at 10 a.m. in Piazza Cavour, in front of the Visit Levanto Info Point, and during the guided tour a complete and traditional menu with local wine will be served.
The event is for a maximum of 150 people and costs € 25 for adults and € 12 for children from 6 to 12 years old.